Thursday, June 14, 2007

Calgary

I had a great good-bye from Edmonton thanks to climbing down into the river valley and spotting a beaver (!) there and almost watching the sunset. Not to forget practising cartwheels and the Ave Maria in the legislature grounds around 10pm. My feeling for time is being turned upset down not so much due to jetlag but because the sun sets so late here. Thanks, Meaghan, for making my stay in Edmonton so eventful and memorable. I'm glad I got to see you again!
My morning drive to Calgary started out in pouring rain, but once the sky cleared I got a first glimpse at what people mean when they say the Albertan sky is different. Its vast and all-surrounding and you could spend a day just watching the clouds move over it. I am at Walter's place in the outskirts of Calgary at the moment and enjoying a few days of doing nothing but sky watching and strolling along the almost picturesque Fish Creek. Tomorrow morning we're taking the bus to Vancouver, a 14-hour ride.
I'll get back to y'all soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home